We are a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio focused on the mid-core multiplayer FTP space. We have two successful titles on the market, published by top grossing publishers (ex: MiniClip), and are currently growing the team to support our new mobile shooter game title currently under production.
As we continue our growth, we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Backend Developer to help us architect and build scalable services for our games.
The position can be remote, or you can join us at our brand new state-of-art offices in YAS Island, near Dubai, UAE.
What we are looking for:
As a Backend Developer, you should be comfortable with back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You will manage and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of applications developed for our mobile game clients. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
What you will do:
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, development, test, manage projects, architect, and deliver.
- Serve as a strong technical contributor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Work closely with the Design team to take ideas for creating the ecosystem and turn them into features and services
- Write code for storing and retrieving large amounts of data, making this data easily surfaced to both players and developers
- Build data entry tools for designers to iterate on parts of the system such as the store
- Use profiling and debugging tools to iterate on services to ensure availability and efficiency
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Ensure that the technical Agile software development process is followed, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Document programming tasks and procedures.
- Perform software testing.
What you need to have;
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (Strong Computer Science fundamentals)
- Passionate coders with 8+ years of application development experience.
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with distributed systems and clusters
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like Azure.
- Experience with orchestrators such as Kubernetes or HashiCorp Nomad
- Knowledge of serverless system design patterns
- Knowledge of virtual actor programming model such as Orleans and Akka
- Strong understanding of database design and query optimizations using both relational
Databases, such as PostgreSql and Non-Relational Databases like MongoDB or Cassandra
- Helped deploy a live service and/or was responsible for helping to maintain one
- Full life cycle development experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies is required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Exceptional problem solving and ability to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Proficient in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
At YallaPlay, we build awe-inspiring games and have fun while doing what we love. We are a small but rapidly growing mobile games developer originally founded in Austin, Texas, then expanded to Brazil and the UAE. With a few million downloads to our games, we have built a team of talented creators focused on building chart topping titles in a fun and collaborative environment. We are proud of our employee-first culture using an indie approach to creating games while embracing remote-friendly practices. We are currently growing the teams working on for our latest release, “Spades Masters” (iOS / Android) published by MiniClip, and our new shooter game also planned for release later this year.