YALLAPLAY currently has a career opportunity in a growing studio for a mobile games creative director. This position can be worked remotely. Full-Time.
YALLAPLAY is a growing mobile games developer founded in Austin, Texas. The startup is behind the popular game title "Tarneeb Masters" with over 3M downloads and it’s latest title “Spades Masters” (iOS / Android) (Beta). We partner with top grossing publishers to bring our games to the market. As we continue our growth, we are looking for an ambitious, creative and talented mobile games creative director to lead our artistic, visual and game design direction. Although our focus is on PvP mobile games, we welcome all candidates with mobile game experiences. Our latest game (in Beta) can be found here:
As the creative director, you will lead our art team, the creative direction, and support the feature development processes to deliver engaging art and features to our games. You are responsible for the timely creation of all highest quality art within the studio and accountable for all artists and animators. You will be guiding the artistic design of a game from concept to completion as well as being responsible for the overall artistic direction of a game.
The end goal: help us create fun and fantastic looking games.
As a small studio, you are in full control of our games design direction and execution. In addition, the role may occasionally cross over into game design and product feature management. This is an opportunity to have a substantial impact on games from art to design. You will work alongside our executive team and be instrumental in our game’s visual strategy, roadmap and success.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art office in the UAE, or join us remotely! Our teams are located in Brazil, USA and UAE.
- Create highest caliber of original art and set expectations properly to get the highest caliber of art from studio artists
- Proficiency with Unity engine its art production pipeline
- Display expert proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator and show proficiency in at least two or more art software applications with an emphasis on 3D modeling/animation
- Note to have: experience with particle effects or managing the creation of particle systems
- Communication between engineers, product managers, and artists to package assets in the most efficient manner
- Have the judgment to determine which art issues are critical to our success
- Create consistency in creative materials across all art disciplines on the team
- Lead the art team by defining visual and artistic standards
- Find opportunities of improvement, or challenges within the creative process
- Evaluate multiple concepts and solutions for various projects and determine which ideas are worth pursuing
- Work with the executive team and production to manage projections and assignments
- Research, explore, and communicate best practices in art and discern which competitive ideas are most effective; lead the development of goals, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
- Develop and provide continuous quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
- Take responsibility for the timely completion of art assets for assigned studio games and products.
- Create, document, and communicate all project schedules to the studio and management
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a high degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- 5+ years of commercial interactive Game Design experience, including 2+ years as a Lead or Director
- A proven track record synthesizing game, visual, and audio design on successful games at scale, specifically with mobile free-to-play games; web games are a plus
- Deep understanding of game design principles, including UX design, games systems, game economies, gestures, mechanics, feedback/reward systems, and meta systems (achievements, etc.)
- Knowledge of 2d and 3d art direction and execution
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a keen eye & feel for quality in games
- Experience developing processes to enable commercially successful game design decisions
- Hands-on proficiency with mobile & web design-specific tools, such as Figma or equivalent, as well as the Adobe suite; ability to express game design ideas in a visual manner to align teams
- Proficient with collaboration tools including G-Suite, Slack, JIRA, Miro, and more
- Ability to communicate well across the team, written and oral, with strong presentation skills
- A passion for mobile games