YALLAPLAY currently has a career opportunity for a UI/UX artist. This position is full-time and can be worked remotely.
YALLAPLAY is a fast growing mobile games developer founded in Austin, Texas. The startup is slowly coming out of stealth mode and is on a fast growth trajectory after having secured another round of VC funding. Our focus is on PvP mobile card games using our custom built backend AI driven engines. We partner with top grossing publishers to bring our games to the market. As we continue our growth, we are looking for an ambitious and experiences UI/UX artist to champion our new games. Our latest game (in Beta) can be found here:
- Defining the overall vision for and the design of the game’s user interface
- The creation of documentation to help communicate the vision, including but not limited to wireframes and flowcharts
- The creation of working prototypes that demonstrate the design and help reduce risk in the production phase of development
- The creation of and continued development of all aspects of a game’s UI, including but not limited to the game’s Menu System and HUD
- Working closely with the Creative Director, art and animation team, sound designer and production team to realise the design and improve the user experience
- Taking an iterative approach to development by working closely with the Usability department to improve the end user’s understanding of how to interact with the UI and improve the overall user experience
- Championing the design department’s UI/UX related work, guiding future approaches to UI/UX and helping set the agenda for any training to be undertaken by other designers
- Ensuring an overall high quality level of the UI design, and User Experience
- The ability to communicate your vision to designers, artists, programmers, producers and others involved in the development process. This may involve presenting ideas both verbally and on paper, for which writing and the ability to communicate your idea in a visual form are required.
- A strong knowledge of software used in UI development, preferably including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Unity UI and Unreal UMG
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience in a UI/UX design role within the games industry and has shipped at least one commercial title
- A keen interest in general in User Interface design, the field of User Experience, and the continued development of these subjects
- An end-user driven approach to design
- An appreciation of graphic design and typographical trends, with an eye for composition, balance and readability
- Understanding of and appreciation of information architecture
- Ideally experience of developing user interfaces for a variety of game genres on a variety of platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and a proactive problem solver
- Experience of working within a development team
- A proactive approach to continuously improving the teams working practices towards UI/UX development
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Critical thinker: ability to not only understand how a feature will improve the overall user experience, but also how it will move metrics and why it should be prioritized higher than other features.
- A love of mobile games: you’ll need to play a few competitor games extensively and try to deeply understand both our game and our competitors.
- Excellent written and communication skills.